Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Theatre Staff Nurse - Galway|
|Salary||€27000 - €43000|
|Job Advertised||over 2 years ago|
Are you a Theatre Nurse looking for a new opportunity in a Private Hospital in Galway? Then look no further!
- HSE 2010 payscale
- Enthusiastic support for professional and career development
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression
- Discounted pharmacy, physiotherepy and on-site restauraunt rates
About the job:
- Provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care in accordance with Hospital Policies, Procedures and guidelines and scope of nursing practice framework.
- Manage the care of patients within an allocated theatre list as assigned by the CNM2 in charge each day and tend to the individualised care of each patient in a comprehensive, dignified holistic manner. Feedback any abnormalities or concerns to the CNM’s in charge appropriately.
- Contribute as a key member of the team in the provision of holistic care to patients, acting with professionalism at all times.
- Adhere to hand hygiene and infection prevention control measures as indicated in hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Act as an advocate for the patient at all times with regards to the nursing care provided. Liaise with family members in maintaining advocacy for the patients under your care each day.
- Ensure that patient confidentiality is respected and that the dignity of the patient is assured and maintained at all times having regard to the Philosophy and Ethical code of the hospital.
- Participate in and provide continuous, requisite clinical nursing care for patients alongside the multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain all nursing records accurately ensuring that patient confidentiality is respected and maintained and provide safe custody of these patient’s records. Adhere to nursing policies with regard to nursing documentation. Ensure all theatre specific documentation is completed appropriately and stored securely complying with the NHO guidelines as per hospital policy.
- Liaise with and ensure good relationships with all members of the multidisciplinary team in the hospital.
- Communicate regularly with patient’s, their relatives when appropriate and visitors with clarity, courtesy and consideration. Adhere to the Hospital communication policy.
- Deal with any complaints appropriately utilising the hospital complaints policy and referring to the CNM’s in charge all matters beyond your scope of practice.
- Take responsibility for co-ordinating the management of the department in the absence of the Clinical Nurse Manager with cognisance of own scope of practice.
- Assist in the supervision and delegation of patient care to nursing support staff as appropriate.
- Observe and comply with Hospital Policies and Procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- Be accountable for the safe administration and storage of medications adhering to NMBI and hospital guidelines regarding same.
- Be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses maintained by the Nurses and Midwives Board of Ireland
- Acute Hospital experience is desirable within the past two years.
- BSc in Nursing or willingness to undertake same in the next 2 years upon commencement of employment.
- Two years experience in the theatre environment is desirable.
- Higher Diploma in Theatre Nursing is essential or willingness to undertake same within 2 years of commencing position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential.
- Computer skills required.
Doe this sound like you? Then please call Conor at 01 8783335 for more information or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Acute Staff Nurse - North Dublin
Nursing jobs in all departments are available at a private hospital based in Dublin North. Job Title: Staff Nurse Jobs - All Departments Location: Dublin City Centre N...1 day ago