Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Theatre Staff Nurse - Galway|
|Salary||€27000 - €43000|
|Job Advertised||over 3 years ago|
Are you a Theatre Nurse looking for a new opportunity in a Private Hospital in Galway? Then look no further!
- HSE 2010 payscale
- Enthusiastic support for professional and career development
- Plenty of opportunities for career progression
- Discounted pharmacy, physiotherepy and on-site restauraunt rates
About the job:
- Provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care in accordance with Hospital Policies, Procedures and guidelines and scope of nursing practice framework.
- Manage the care of patients within an allocated theatre list as assigned by the CNM2 in charge each day and tend to the individualised care of each patient in a comprehensive, dignified holistic manner. Feedback any abnormalities or concerns to the CNM’s in charge appropriately.
- Contribute as a key member of the team in the provision of holistic care to patients, acting with professionalism at all times.
- Adhere to hand hygiene and infection prevention control measures as indicated in hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Act as an advocate for the patient at all times with regards to the nursing care provided. Liaise with family members in maintaining advocacy for the patients under your care each day.
- Ensure that patient confidentiality is respected and that the dignity of the patient is assured and maintained at all times having regard to the Philosophy and Ethical code of the hospital.
- Participate in and provide continuous, requisite clinical nursing care for patients alongside the multidisciplinary team.
- Maintain all nursing records accurately ensuring that patient confidentiality is respected and maintained and provide safe custody of these patient’s records. Adhere to nursing policies with regard to nursing documentation. Ensure all theatre specific documentation is completed appropriately and stored securely complying with the NHO guidelines as per hospital policy.
- Liaise with and ensure good relationships with all members of the multidisciplinary team in the hospital.
- Communicate regularly with patient’s, their relatives when appropriate and visitors with clarity, courtesy and consideration. Adhere to the Hospital communication policy.
- Deal with any complaints appropriately utilising the hospital complaints policy and referring to the CNM’s in charge all matters beyond your scope of practice.
- Take responsibility for co-ordinating the management of the department in the absence of the Clinical Nurse Manager with cognisance of own scope of practice.
- Assist in the supervision and delegation of patient care to nursing support staff as appropriate.
- Observe and comply with Hospital Policies and Procedures and Health and Safety regulations.
- Be accountable for the safe administration and storage of medications adhering to NMBI and hospital guidelines regarding same.
- Be registered in the general division of the Register of Nurses maintained by the Nurses and Midwives Board of Ireland
- Acute Hospital experience is desirable within the past two years.
- BSc in Nursing or willingness to undertake same in the next 2 years upon commencement of employment.
- Two years experience in the theatre environment is desirable.
- Higher Diploma in Theatre Nursing is essential or willingness to undertake same within 2 years of commencing position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential.
- Computer skills required.
Doe this sound like you? Then please call Conor at 01 8783335 for more information or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Theatre Nurse - Dublin Featured Job
Dublin City Centre
Theatre Nurse: Scrub Nurse job in Dublin City Centre Hospital Theatre Nurse job at a well-known multi-speciality hospital in Dublin City Centre. If you are an experien...5 days ago
- Clinical Nurse Manager 2 - Orthopaedic Theatre
€49000 - 57900
A hospital in South Dublin is looking for a Clinical Nurse Manager for the position of Orthopaedic Theatre Co-ordinator. This is a good opportunity to further develop ...5 days ago
- Clinical Nurse Manager II - Theatre
€49000 - 57900
Clinical Nurse Manager II - Theatre job in South Dublin The Theatre Department of a large South Dublin hospital is looking for a Clinical Nurse Manager II / General Th...5 days ago
- Staff Nurse - All Departments Featured Job
Dublin City Centre
Staff Nurse jobs in at a Dublin City Centre Hospital Staff Nurse jobs in multiple wards at a well-known multi-speciality private hospital in Dublin City Centre. If you...5 days ago
- Clinical Nurse Manager - 1 (Paediatric Theatre)
€45,000 - 53,000
Clinical Nurse Manager-I job in a South Dublin hospital The Theatre Department of a large South Dublin hospital is looking for a Clinical Nurse Manager I - Paediatrics...5 days ago