Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Theatre Nurse - Cork City|
|Job Advertised||over 3 years ago|
Looking for a theatre nursing job in Cork? Well look no further!
We are looking for a number of excellent Theatre Nurses to join our clients team in an established facility in Cork city.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of specialised instruments/equipment used by the multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate analytical skills in the assessment of patient condition and suitability prior to intra and inter hospital transfer.
- Participate in the safe custody, checking and ordering of controlled drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Act with a cultural awareness and sensitivity to patients and colleagues, deliver care with respect and dignity, adhere to patient confidentiality at all times.
To be proficient regarding procedures, you must:
- Act as Scrub Practitioner in theatre
- Demonstrate knowledge of protocols for checking swabs, needles and instruments
- Use expertise and knowledge underpinned by theory when assessing and managing theatre cases
- Prepare the clinical area to the required standard for the individual patient need
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of drugs, have the ability to partake in decision making with regard to patient requirements
- Demonstrate efficient use of resources and their utilisation, taking any recommendations to the relevant line manager
- Participate and maintain channels of communication within the department to enable all members of the team to receive information, demonstrating a level of knowledge and expertise to influence decisions via written, vocal or electronic methods
- Maintain appropriate records, adhering to professional body and Hospital guidelines on record keeping
- 3rd Level Nursing Qualification
- Current NMBI Registration essential
- Experience in a Healthcare setting essential
- 12 months experience in a similar role desirable
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- HSE 2010 pay scale
- Holidays as per years of service
- The department operates from Monday-Friday however there is on-call over the weekend
- PRSA Scheme which is a contribution from the employee and the hospital matches that with a 3% contribution
- Maternity Leave and Sick Pay benefits after 1 year of service
Apply below with an up-to-date CV or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Conor on 01-8783335
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Theatre Nurse - Dublin City Centre
Dublin City Centre
€29,000 - 45,700
Theatre Nurse job at a maternity hospital in Dublin City Centre Theatre Nurse job in Dublin City Centre maternity hospital. Salary: €31000 - €45700 DOE. Send your CV t...25 days ago
- Theatre Nurse
Theatre Nurse job at a one of Ireland’s most technologically advanced hospitals located in South Dublin. This 200+ bedded hospital has 8 operation theatres with state-...13 days ago
- Staff Nurse - Theatre
Registered General Nurses with experience in Theatre are required for a leading private hospital in Limerick. Ireland’s leading independent healthcare provider is seek...12 days ago
- Theatre Nurse - Dublin
€29,000 - 45,700
Theatre Nurse: Scrub Nurse job in Dublin City Centre Hospital Theatre Nurse job at a public sector hospital in South Dublin. Salary €31,000 - €45,700 DOE. If you are a...19 days ago
- Staff Nurse - Theatre Featured Job
Staff Nurses required for the Theatre department (Scrub, Circulating, Anaesthetics and Recovery) of a private hospital in Dublin 9. Full time hours. Salary €29, 085 - ...28 days ago