Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Theatre Nurse - Cork City|
|Job Advertised||over 2 years ago|
Looking for a theatre nursing job in Cork? Well look no further!
We are looking for a number of excellent Theatre Nurses to join our clients team in an established facility in Cork city.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of specialised instruments/equipment used by the multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate analytical skills in the assessment of patient condition and suitability prior to intra and inter hospital transfer.
- Participate in the safe custody, checking and ordering of controlled drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Act with a cultural awareness and sensitivity to patients and colleagues, deliver care with respect and dignity, adhere to patient confidentiality at all times.
To be proficient regarding procedures, you must:
- Act as Scrub Practitioner in theatre
- Demonstrate knowledge of protocols for checking swabs, needles and instruments
- Use expertise and knowledge underpinned by theory when assessing and managing theatre cases
- Prepare the clinical area to the required standard for the individual patient need
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of drugs, have the ability to partake in decision making with regard to patient requirements
- Demonstrate efficient use of resources and their utilisation, taking any recommendations to the relevant line manager
- Participate and maintain channels of communication within the department to enable all members of the team to receive information, demonstrating a level of knowledge and expertise to influence decisions via written, vocal or electronic methods
- Maintain appropriate records, adhering to professional body and Hospital guidelines on record keeping
- 3rd Level Nursing Qualification
- Current NMBI Registration essential
- Experience in a Healthcare setting essential
- 12 months experience in a similar role desirable
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- HSE 2010 pay scale
- Holidays as per years of service
- The department operates from Monday-Friday however there is on-call over the weekend
- PRSA Scheme which is a contribution from the employee and the hospital matches that with a 3% contribution
- Maternity Leave and Sick Pay benefits after 1 year of service
Apply below with an up-to-date CV or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Conor on 01-8783335
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Theatre Nurse - Dublin City Centre
Dublin City Centre South
Theatre Nurse opportunity in Dublin 2! Are you a Theatre Nurse seeking a chance to work in one of Irelands best known Maternity Hospitals? Are you fully registered wit...28 days ago
- Theatre Nurse - Galway
€ 34,500 - 42,500
A private hospital in Galway hospital is looking for Theatre Nurses to join their team! Job Title: Theatre Staff Nurse Job Location: Galway City Salary: €34,500 - €42,...24 days ago
- Theatre Nurse - Dublin South
€28,500 - 44,500 (DOE)
Theatre Nurse opportunity in Dublin 2! Are you a Theatre Nurse seeking a chance to work in one of Irelands best known Maternity Hospitals? Are you fully registered wit...23 days ago
- Theatre Nurse - South Dublin
Theatre Nurse job opportunity in a well established private hospital and clinic in Dublin South. Job Title: Theatre Nurse Location: Dublin South Hours: Time Salary: DO...25 days ago
- Clinical Nurse Manager 2 - Cork
Our client, a well-known Private Hospital in Cork, needs a Clinical Nurse Manager 2 for the theatre. Job Title: CNM 2 Salary: DOE Facility: Private Hospital Location: ...22 days ago