Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Theatre Nurse - Cork City|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
Looking for a theatre nursing job in Cork? Well look no further!
We are looking for a number of excellent Theatre Nurses to join our clients team in an established facility in Cork city.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of specialised instruments/equipment used by the multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate analytical skills in the assessment of patient condition and suitability prior to intra and inter hospital transfer.
- Participate in the safe custody, checking and ordering of controlled drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Act with a cultural awareness and sensitivity to patients and colleagues, deliver care with respect and dignity, adhere to patient confidentiality at all times.
To be proficient regarding procedures, you must:
- Act as Scrub Practitioner in theatre
- Demonstrate knowledge of protocols for checking swabs, needles and instruments
- Use expertise and knowledge underpinned by theory when assessing and managing theatre cases
- Prepare the clinical area to the required standard for the individual patient need
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of drugs, have the ability to partake in decision making with regard to patient requirements
- Demonstrate efficient use of resources and their utilisation, taking any recommendations to the relevant line manager
- Participate and maintain channels of communication within the department to enable all members of the team to receive information, demonstrating a level of knowledge and expertise to influence decisions via written, vocal or electronic methods
- Maintain appropriate records, adhering to professional body and Hospital guidelines on record keeping
- 3rd Level Nursing Qualification
- Current NMBI Registration essential
- Experience in a Healthcare setting essential
- 12 months experience in a similar role desirable
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- HSE 2010 pay scale
- Holidays as per years of service
- The department operates from Monday-Friday however there is on-call over the weekend
- PRSA Scheme which is a contribution from the employee and the hospital matches that with a 3% contribution
- Maternity Leave and Sick Pay benefits after 1 year of service
Apply below with an up-to-date CV or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Conor on 01-8783335
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Theatre Nurse Featured Job
Are you a theatre nurse that is looking for a place that is invested in your professional development? Do you like keeping abrest with the latest developments in clini...about 4 hours ago
- Theatre Nurse Featured Job
One of Europe’s leading hospitals is seeking Theatre Nurses. This is a great opportunity to build your career in a state-of-the-art facility in South Dublin. Job Title...about 4 hours ago
- Acute Staff Nurse Featured Job
A private hospital in Lucan is looking for Acute Staff Nurses to join their front line Nursing team. The Staff Nurse will participate in providing comprehensive nursin...about 4 hours ago
- Orthopaedic Staff Nurse Featured Job
€27,483 - 43,800 (HSE Payscale)
Our clinet is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and well-motivated Staff Nurse, to join their team to deliver high quality care for Orthopaedic patients. This is an e...about 1 month ago
- Scrub Nurse (Fulltime and Part-time)
€30,000 - 43,000 (DOE)
We are looking for a number of Scrub Nurses to join a big team in a fully accredited private hospital in Kildare. Job Title: Scrub Nurse (Fulltime and Part-time) Locat...about 1 month ago