Get similar jobs by email Register →
We are looking for Theatre Nurses in Cork!
We are looking for a number of excellent Theatre Nurses to join our clients team in an established facility in Cork city.
Reporting to the Theatre Manager your duties will be:
- To develop knowledge and understanding of specialised instruments/equipment used by the multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate analytical skills in the assessment of patient condition and suitability prior to intra and inter hospital transfer.
- Participate in the safe custody, checking and ordering of controlled drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Act with a cultural awareness and sensitivity to patients and colleagues, deliver care with respect and dignity, adhere to patient confidentiality at all times.
To be proficient regarding procedures, you must:
- Act as Scrub Practitioner in theatre
- Demonstrate knowledge of protocols for checking swabs, needles and instruments
- Use expertise and knowledge underpinned by theory when assessing and managing theatre cases
- Prepare the clinical area to the required standard for the individual patient need
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of drugs, have the ability to partake in decision making with regard to patient requirements
- Demonstrate efficient use of resources and their utilisation, taking any recommendations to the relevant line manager
- Participate and maintain channels of communication within the department to enable all members of the team to receive information, demonstrating a level of knowledge and expertise to influence decisions via written, vocal or electronic methods
- Maintain appropriate records, adhering to professional body and Hospital guidelines on record keeping
- 3rd Level Nursing Qualification
- Current ABA Registration essential
- Experience in a Healthcare setting essential
- 12 months experience in a similar role desirable
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Salary and Benefits:
- HSE 2010 pay scale
- Holidays as per years of service
- The department operates from Monday-Friday however there is on-call over the weekend
- PRSA Scheme which is a contribution from the employee and the hospital matches that with a 3% contribution
- Maternity Leave and Sick Pay benefits after 1 year of service
Apply below with an up-to-date CV or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Suzanne on 01-8783335
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Theatre Nurse Featured Job
Are you a theatre nurse that is looking for a place that is invested in your professional development? Do you like keeping abrest with the latest developments in clini...about 4 hours ago
- Theatre Nurse Featured Job
One of Europe’s leading hospitals is seeking Theatre Nurses. This is a great opportunity to build your career in a state-of-the-art facility in South Dublin. Job Title...about 4 hours ago
- Acute Staff Nurse Featured Job
A private hospital in Lucan is looking for Acute Staff Nurses to join their front line Nursing team. The Staff Nurse will participate in providing comprehensive nursin...about 4 hours ago
- Staff Nurse - ICU
One of Europe’s leading hospitals is seeking Staff Nurses for the ICU. This is a great opportunity to build your career in a state-of-the-art facility in South Dublin....about 4 hours ago
- Staff Nurse - Orthopaedics Featured Job
One of Europe’s leading hospitals is seeking Staff Nurses for their Orthopaedic Department. This is a great opportunity to build your career in a state-of-the-art faci...about 4 hours ago