Get similar jobs by email Register →
We are looking for Theatre Nurses in Cork!
We are looking for a number of excellent Theatre Nurses to join our clients team in an established facility in Cork city.
Reporting to the Theatre Manager your duties will be:
- To develop knowledge and understanding of specialised instruments/equipment used by the multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate analytical skills in the assessment of patient condition and suitability prior to intra and inter hospital transfer.
- Participate in the safe custody, checking and ordering of controlled drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Act with a cultural awareness and sensitivity to patients and colleagues, deliver care with respect and dignity, adhere to patient confidentiality at all times.
To be proficient regarding procedures, you must:
- Act as Scrub Practitioner in theatre
- Demonstrate knowledge of protocols for checking swabs, needles and instruments
- Use expertise and knowledge underpinned by theory when assessing and managing theatre cases
- Prepare the clinical area to the required standard for the individual patient need
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of drugs, have the ability to partake in decision making with regard to patient requirements
- Demonstrate efficient use of resources and their utilisation, taking any recommendations to the relevant line manager
- Participate and maintain channels of communication within the department to enable all members of the team to receive information, demonstrating a level of knowledge and expertise to influence decisions via written, vocal or electronic methods
- Maintain appropriate records, adhering to professional body and Hospital guidelines on record keeping
- 3rd Level Nursing Qualification
- Current ABA Registration essential
- Experience in a Healthcare setting essential
- 12 months experience in a similar role desirable
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
Salary and Benefits:
- HSE 2010 pay scale
- Holidays as per years of service
- The department operates from Monday-Friday however there is on-call over the weekend
- PRSA Scheme which is a contribution from the employee and the hospital matches that with a 3% contribution
- Maternity Leave and Sick Pay benefits after 1 year of service
Apply below with an up-to-date CV or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Suzanne on 01-8783335
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Theatre Nurse
€ 28,000 - 45,000 DOE
Theatre Nurse: Scrub Nurse job in Dublin City Centre Hospital Theatre Nurse job at a public sector hospital in South Dublin. Salary €28,000 - €45,000 DOE. If you are a...3 days ago
- Theatre Nurse - Dublin
€28,000 - 44,000
Theatre Nurse: Scrub Nurse job in Dublin City Centre Hospital Theatre Nurse job at a well-known multi-speciality private hospital in Dublin City Centre. If you are an ...5 days ago
- Staff Nurse
Staff Nurse - Staff Nurse jobs in Limerick Staff Nurses with Medical/Surgical ward experience required across various departments of a private hospital in Limerick. Fu...4 days ago
- Staff Nurse - Neonatology
€28,000 - 45,000
Neonatal Nurse: Paediatrics Nurse job in Dublin City Centre Hospital Neonatal Nurse job at a public sector hospital in South Dublin. Salary €28,000 - €45,000 DOE. If y...3 days ago
- Staff Nurse - Medical
Staff Nurses – Medical Wards Staff Nurse jobs in Dublin 9 Staff Nurses required for the Medical Division of a large acute hospital in Dublin 9. Salary €28 768 - €45 24...4 days ago