Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Staff Nurse - Theatre|
|Salary||35000 - 40000|
|Job Advertised||about 2 years ago|
Looking for a theatre nursing job in Cork? Well look no further!
We are looking for a number of excellent Theatre Nurses to join our clients team in an established facility in Cork city..
- To develop knowledge and understanding of specialised instruments/equipment used by the multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate analytical skills in the assessment of patient condition and suitability prior to intra and inter hospital transfer.
- Participate in the safe custody, checking and ordering of controlled drugs in accordance with hospital policy.
- Act with a cultural awareness and sensitivity to patients and colleagues, deliver care with respect and dignity, adhere to patient confidentiality at all times.
- Act as Scrub Practitioner in theatre
- Demonstrate knowledge of protocols for checking swabs, needles and instruments
- Use expertise and knowledge underpinned by theory when assessing and managing theatre cases
- Prepare the clinical area to the required standard for the individual patient need
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of drugs, have the ability to partake in decision making with regard to patient requirements
- Demonstrate efficient use of resources and their utilisation, taking any recommendations to the relevant line manager
- Participate and maintain channels of communication within the department to enable all members of the team to receive information, demonstrating a level of knowledge and expertise to influence decisions via written, vocal or electronic methods
- Maintain appropriate records, adhering to professional body and Hospital guidelines on record keeping
- 3rd Level Nursing Qualification
- Current NMBI Registration essential
- Experience in a Healthcare setting essential
- 12 months experience in a similar role desirable
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- HSE 2010 pay scale
- Holidays as per years of service
- The department operates from Monday-Friday however there is on-call over the weekend
- PRSA Scheme which is a contribution from the employee and the hospital matches that with a 3% contribution
- Maternity Leave and Sick Pay benefits after 1 year of service
Apply below with an up-to-date CV or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Conor on 01-8783335
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Theatre Staff Nurse Job
€34,500 - 42,500
Our most highly reputable Galway hospital is looking for Theatre Nurses to join their team! Job Title: Theatre Staff Nurse Job Location: Galway City Salary: €34,500 - ...6 months ago
- Theatre Nurse
Our Client, an established hospital group with global reach, is looking for a Theatre Nurse in Dublin North! Job Title: Theatre Staff Nurse Location: Dublin North Sala...19 days ago
- Theatre Nurse Featured Job
Are you a theatre nurse that is looking for a place that is invested in your professional development? Do you like keeping abrest with the latest developments in clini...about 1 month ago
- Theatre Nurse Featured Job
One of Europe’s leading hospitals is seeking Theatre Nurses. This is a great opportunity to build your career in a state-of-the-art facility in South Dublin. Job Title...2 months ago
- Theatre Nurse - Limerick Featured Job
One of Ireland's leading private hospitals is seeking to recruit a Theatre Nurse to provide maternity leave cover. Job Title: Theatre Nurse Job Location: Limerick Sala...23 days ago