Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Registered Nurse|
|Salary||£26,462GBP per annum|
|Location||Swansea, United Kingdom|
|Our Reference||HMT Sancta Maria (Private Hospital)|
|Job Advertised||over 3 years ago|
To provide anaesthetic assistance to the Consultant Anaesthetists in the Operating Department. To have awareness of clinical governance framework. To promote health and safety and infection control within the workplace.
1.1 To be responsible for the nursing care of patients in the ward / department.
1.2 To assist in the control, teaching and welfare of the Nursing Staff.
- To plan nursing care, using the most effective methods within the resources available for meeting the patients’ needs.
- To supervise the work of junior colleagues in the ward / department and to ensure all members of staff are continuously aware of treatment regimes.
- To understand all Sancta Maria Hospital’s Policies and Procedures and ensure their correct implementation within the ward / department.
- To co-operate with medical staff in instituting a high standard of patient care and treatment.
- To establish good communications between patients, their relatives and all visitors to the ward.
- To maintain the safe custody and administration of drugs, in accordance with Sancta Maria Hospital Policy and Procedure.
- To be accountable for her own clinical practice and take every opportunity to maintain and improve knowledge and professional competence.
- To participate in research projects within the ward / department.
- To assist in the orientation of new nurses.
- To co-operate with staff in other areas and departments, as required.
- To provide a safe environment for the safety and welfare of patients and staff by complying with:-
- Health & Safety At Work Act
- Fire Prevention and Management
- To be aware of and comply with all Hospital policies and procedures
- To adhere to all matters relating to Health & Safety
- To participate in all hospital wide Quality Assurance initiatives
- Ensure patients, visitors and staff are protected against acquiring a healthcare associated infection by effectively maintaining and utilising hospital systems designated to assess the risk of, and prevent, detect and control, the spread of healthcare associated infections. Also to maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene, including all equipment, reusable medical devices and all other materials used during the provision of services to patients.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION:
- Maintain own individual professional practice and development to meet clinical and professional objectives and developments within the Hospital.
- Participate in unit based quality assurance activity based on written standards and patient care outcomes.
If relevant to post then the Registered Nurse will undertake First Assistant duties.
If relevant to post then the Registered Nurse will undertake recovery duties:
- Checking of equipment
- Ordering drugs
- Preparing patient controlled analgesia pumps
Skills required for this role;
- Effective communication skills
- Surgical experience an advantage
- Minimum 2 years experience under mentor guidance.
- HDU experience desirable.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding department.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willing to assist others in the care of patients.
- Positive and co-operative attitude
A flexible approach is necessary to reflect occupancy levels within the hospital
HMT offer a salary which is competitive with other private healthcare organisations, and a raft of standard and flexible benefits.
We are regularly review our employee benefits package, which includes our group personal pension plan, private medical cover, free car parking and a range of retail and entertainment discounts.
All staff have the option to opt into our flexible benefits programme offering substantial savings on items such as childcare vouchers, bicycles, mobile phones and computers.
We encourage our employees to have a positive work-life balance and to consider HMT ‘a great place to work’.
We do this through:
- 24 minimum holiday PLUS bank holidays PLUS travel time for overseas staff
- Employee Assistance Programme – support available on a wide range of personal and work issues
- Quality working environment
- Long service recognition
- Supportive personal development plan to help you achieve your career goals
SUPPORT FOR OVERSEAS CANDIDATES FROM THE EU:
- English language training
- NMC registration and assistance with registration process
- Assistance with Police Clearance Check
- Attestation of documents for NMC clearance
- NMC Registration
- Accommodation and subsistence for first 28 days in UK
- Travel to the UK on completion of NMC Registration including an additional 20kg of luggage above and beyond airline standard allowance
- Accommodation up to the employees first pay cheque
- Subsistence allowance of £500GBP cash
- Internet service provided free of charge allowing for communication with family overseas
- National Insurance registration
- HMRC registration
- GP Registration
- Assistance with visas for dependants
- Travel Grants for the return air fare to the employees previous country of residence
ABOUT HMT SANCTA MARIA HOSPITAL
Sancta Maria Hospital is located just outside Swansea City Centre and has commanding views over Swansea Bay, towards Mumbles and Gower. Patients can book a single room, many of which have en suite facilities. Every bedroom has an electronic Nurse call system, satellite television, a direct dial telephone and wireless internet access.
The hospital has a main operating theatre equipped with an ultra clean air facility from laminar flow. We have a state of the art day surgery unit, endoscopy suite and recovery room.
Sancta Maria’s Hospital pathology service provides a wide range of diagnostic pathology including microbiology, haematology, biochemistry and histopathology.
Supervised by a number of Consultant Pathologists, patients find using the service to be quick and easy, with appointments available without delay and results ready very promptly.
Sancta Maria offers a comprehensive radiology service.
Ultrasound, routine radiology and a mobile image intensifier allow us to complete most diagnostic examinations on site.
Sancta Maria’s physiotherapy service, staffed by experienced Chartered Physiotherapists, provides expert professional treatment for both inpatients and outpatients.
All patients are treat as individuals from the first visit where your consultant will agree with you the most appropriate treatment, with onsite x-ray and MRI facilities, a dedicated endoscopy suite and two fully equipped surgery theatres.
25 newly decorated and fully equipped private rooms, each equipped with en-suite bathrooms, are regularly cleaned during all inpatient visits for the most comfortable experience possible.
The dedicated in-house catering staff understand that good food not only helps a speedy recovery from treatment, but also makes the luxury patient experience one that sets us apart from other hospitals. Tasty and nutritious snacks are provided throughout your stay at HMT Sancta Maria hospitals.
HMT Sancta Maria is part of the Healthcare Management Trust, a charity registered in 1985. Our charitable status and ethos means that our leading service provision is delivered without the requirement to provide shareholder return. Our services are not delivered at over inflated prices and we support health related research, scholarship funding and other areas of grant-making.
Ref: HMT Sancta Maria (Private Hospital)
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Registered Nurses - New Zealand
Waitaki, Otago and Southland
Opportunities for experienced Mental Health Nurses District Wide (Waitaki, Otago and Southland) Are you looking for work / life balance in a beautiful part of the worl...24 days ago
- Staff Nurse - Surgical Featured Job
A large HSE hospital in North Dublin is looking for Staff Nurses to join its Surgical wards. Salary €29 056 - €45 701 DOE. Across four wards, the Surgical Division spe...30 days ago
- Staff Nurse - Emergency Department Featured Job
Staff Nurse job in North Dublin Staff Nurses are required for the Emergency Department of a large acute hospital in North Dublin. Having received multi-million euro fu...7 days ago
- Staff Nurse - Medical Ward
Staff Nurses required for the Medical Division of a large acute hospital in North Dublin. Salary €29 056 - €45 701 DOE. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ...7 days ago
- Staff Nurse - North Dublin Featured Job
Staff Nurses are required for a private hospital in North Dublin. Full time hours. Salary €29, 085 - €45, 746 DOE. Those with a background in medical/surgical ward nur...10 days ago