Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Location||Abbey Street, Dublin 1|
|Job Advertised||11 months ago|
Hours: 17.5 hours a week between Mondays –Friday 9.30am -5.30pm only. Hours are negotiable upon offer.
HOLIDAY: 25 days exclusive of bank holidays (pro rata)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Team Leader (Dublin)
RESPONSIBLE FOR: The effective delivery of services at Ana Liffey Drug Project.
Working as part of the Multi-disciplinary Project Team and under the guidance of the Team Leader, your responsibility is the efficient and effective delivery of a low threshold primary health care service to people who are actively involved with, or affected by, problem substance use. Working closely with a GP from the SafetyNet service you will provide medical assistance to service users, run daily surgeries at ALDP, advise ALDP staff on all medical matters and advocate on behalf of service users. In addition to your nursing role, you understand that ALDP believe strongly in the value of building relationships with our service users. As such, a key element of your role will involve engaging with service users in the drop-in service on non-medical issues.
Whilst the organisation takes every step possible to ensure the safety of it’s staff, it is important to be clear that due to the nature of the work carried out at the Ana Liffey Drug Project, it is likely that you will experience aggression in the work place and there is a risk that you may be verbally or physically assaulted. You will receive training in how to avoid and manage these situations; however, in the unfortunate event of an assault taking place, the organisation will provide full support to assist you to overcome this.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide skilled nursing care and treatment for a case load of service users in the onsite surgery in ALDP.
- maintain a high standard of nursing care at ALDP, under the clinical supervision of a SafetyNet GP, and adopting the Clinical Governance structure as recommended by SafetyNet.
- To engage in ongoing training and development relevant to the role , provided by the ALDP
- To maintain a high standard of professional and ethical responsibility.
- To welcome and establish effective working relationships with service users who access ALDP for support in order to deliver nursing care to them.
- To liaise with other ALDP team members to ensure that medical care is provided as part of an integrated care plan for service users, where appropriate.
- To establish and maintain effective working networks with other medical professionals and staff in the addiction and healthcare fields.
- Continuous training opportunities provided by ALDP
- Core operational hours between 9.30-5.30 Monday to Friday only
- Opportunities to carry out action research, supported by the ALDP
- Role supported by an experience addiction management and staff team
- To provide nursing interventions including wound care, sexual health clinic, overdose management and general nursing interventions to service users in accordance with the guidelines of ALDP and An Bord Altaians.
- To maintain a small surgery, under direction from your line manager
- To ensure adequate stock and standards of equipment within the surgery
- To establish and run surgeries in ALDP at specified intervals
- To advocate on behalf of ALDP services users on medical matters, where appropriate.
- To make appropriate referrals into mainstream health services
- To report any child protection incidents or concerns to your line manager
- To ensure that the complaints procedure is well publicised and operated in accordance with the policy.
- To ensure that all services are delivered to in accordance with ALDP policy.
- Utilise approved assessment skills and techniques to determine service user needs
- Complete and document the nursing admission assessment in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Monitor and assess the service user’s condition on an on-going basis.
- Assess the need for service user/staff instruction on medical issues.
Develop and document plans of care based on service user needs in
conjunction with the Safetynet clinics and mainstream health services
Update the written plan of care based on service user needs on existing database.
Collaborate with other project team members in planning care for service users.
- Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to a caseload of service users within the guidelines specified by An Bord Altranais.
- Know and practice according to established legal requirements policy and procedures.
- Establish care priorities based on nursing/medical standards.
- Perform procedures accurately, completely and safely.
- Maintain a safe environment for service users.
- Respect the dignity and confidentiality of service users, serving as an advocate, as necessary.
- Function quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Adapt to changing workload.
- Deal with incidents and accidents in accordance with ALDP policy.
- Accurately record and report details.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a ‘low threshold - harm reduction’ service. To work in co-operation with other team members with the aim of ensuring that the ALDP delivers services that offer the highest quality service to those people who use our services.
- To attend and actively participate in weekly team meetings, training and review days.
To keep and maintain effective record systems in relation to nursing and other service user interventions.
- In conjunction with your line manager to continuously develop the role to ensure that all tasks are being undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the strategic aims and objectives of the ALDP.
- To participate in internal/external meetings as required, and attend training events, conferences and other functions as necessary.
- To participate in regular supervision and annual appraisal, and help in identifying your own job-related development and training needs.
- To ensure that all ALDP policies and procedures are being adhered to, particularly those relating to Health and Safety, Complaints, Code of Practice and Confidentiality.
- To contribute to the effective implementation of the ALDP’s Equal Opportunities Policy as it affects both the ALDP and its work with service users.
- To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to always work in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of the ALDP.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required which are commensurate with the role in consultation with your line manager.
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Theatre Nurse
Our Client, an established hospital group with global reach, is looking for a Theatre Nurse in Dublin North! Job Title: Theatre Staff Nurse Location: Dublin North Sala...14 days ago
- Staff nurse Featured Job
€18 Per hour plus night premium
Looking for a Staff Nurse to work in a purpose built elderly care facility in Foxrock. The facility specialises in Long Term Care, Respite and Rehabilitation... Job Ti...18 days ago
- Cancer Nurse
One of Ireland's leading cancer charities is seeking a Cancer Nurse for a cancer-information site in a South Dublin hospital. The post involves providing accessible in...18 days ago
- Staff Nurse
Dublin 6, Dublin 8 and Dublin 3
€30,000 - 40,000 DOE
Our client is currently searching for a staff nurse with care of the elderly experience for our client who is based in South Dublin and North Dublin. The Staff Nurse w...about 2 months ago
- Staff Nurse - Meath
€19 p/h 36 hours per week (3x12 hour shifts)
Our client is looking for an experienced Staff Nurse to join a wonderful team in a friendly Nursing Home in Meath! Job Title: Staff Nurse Location: Meath Salary: DOE F...17 days ago