Get similar jobs by email Register →
|Job Title||Detox Nurse - Dublin City Centre|
|Location||Dublin City Centre|
|Job Advertised||almost 3 years ago|
The purpose of this role is to deliver a high quality person centred nursing service using a positive and holistic approach.
You would have a real interest in this area and have qualified as a registered general nurse or as a psychiatric nurse. Your attitude and personality will be core to the service user in their recovery journey. Our client offers on-going support, advice and advocacy to a group of vulnerable adults admitted to the unit to undergo a Detox programme.
The job will include assessing the health needs of service users, addressing their physical, social, psychological and health promotion needs through counselling and site based activities. The Detox Nurse is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of service users while undergoing the Detox process in conjunction with a visiting GP and members of the Detox team.
- To perform all nursing duties relating to admissions and assessments, ensuring the commencement of medical detoxification while safe and regular monitoring of the process is carried out as per the company guidelines for admissions.
- To store, administer and control medicines in line with best practice and in keeping with An Bord Altranais Guidelines.
- To assist the visiting doctor when necessary with assessments and examinations in line with the policies of the unit.
- To effectively liaise with a range of service providers both voluntary and statutory in order to assist in the assessment of referrals to the unit.
- Ensure that the day to day running of the house is maintained (e.g., standards of living, hygiene of the home, food preparation) to the highest level.
- To facilitate groups through an effective health education and promotion programme in order to ensure service users receive relevant information for making informed decisions about their future.
- To act to enhance the dignity and integrity of service users by applying strategies to promote self-esteem, including identifying and using appropriate support networks.
- Nursing Qualification – General/Psychiatric
- Registered with An Bord Altranais
- At least 4 years nursing experience post registration
- A positive, calm and client centred approach to their work
Desirable: Experience with clients detoxing from methadone in a residential setting.
Apply below with an up-to-date CV or for more information on this vacancy, please contact Kenny @ ThreeQ today.
Share this Job:
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available
- Detox Staff Nurse Featured Job
Opportunity in Dublin for Registered General Nurse, Intellectual Disability Nurse, and Psychiatric Nurse within Detox! Are you a Registered General Nurse,Intellectual ...24 days ago