Why nursing is a great career choice
My name is Eva Lambert and I am working as a recruiter now with Nurse Jobs Ireland, but I am also a RGN and Midwife.
I really enjoy recruitment and there are so many skills that are transferrable from Nursing into the Corporate world. As a nurse you (without realising!) have good communication skills, manage your time effectively and build up a rapport with the multidisciplinary team and patients. Which of course is of great benefit in any career.
With the Leaving Cert results out this week and impending CAO offers, I wanted highlight to all potential nurses and remind all nurses why it is a great job, here are 6 reasons why nursing is a great career choice!
- The Nursing profession is one to be proud of. It is a time honoured profession that is hundreds of years old. As long as there are people there will always be a need for nurses.
- Nursing is the most trusted profession in the world. In a world where people are losing their trust in the main institutions the nursing profession is a shining light of hope for society.
- Nursing is a global profession. Nurses can transfer their skills to any country which is a bonus, Nurses can travel see the world while practicing their profession.
- Nursing is always changing so Nurses are always learning something new.
- Nurses can advance their career by moving into management positions such as a Clinical Nurse Manager or a Director of Nursing Jobs.
- Nurses have the chance to help others. Most people always say they wish they could do more to help others. Nurses do this day in day out as part of their job.
Have a lovely evening and to the nurses who are working-Thank you!