Pancake Tuesday Make the Perfect Mix for your CV
Make the Perfect Mix for your Nursing Career this Pancake Tuesday
Today is Pancake Tuesday or to some people like myself the best Tuesday of the year, which also means the start of Lent for others. Do you still give up something for Lent? Or is this practice a thing of the past?
Before we make any important decisions such as the above we have Pancake Tuesday which means we have an excuse to divulge ourselves in some tasty pancakes with a choice of toppings. (Chocolate, Banana, Strawberries, Honey….) Please let us know of any weird and wonderful creations you have tried over the years.
Making the perfect mix for pancakes can be a skill in itself much like putting together your CV.
So in the spirit of Pancake Tuesday here are some useful tips for Nurses who want to create a perfect mix for CV success.
1. Put your name, contact details, email address at the top along with your ABA PIN number.
2. Make sure you use the same font and type face throughout the whole document as this makes it look neat and consistent.
3. Make sure the format is in reverse chronological order. Each position held should include the period by which you were employed, employer’s name, level of position and details of your duties. Noting more and nothing less.
4. Alter your CV to suit different jobs that you are applying for. If you are applying for a Staff Nurse Job in a hospital then your CV should be different to a CV for a Nursing Home, as these are both two different working environments.
5. Put words from the Nurse Job specification into your CV, this way your CV reflects that you have the nursing skills and expertise that the employer is looking for.
If you would like to know more about creating a great CV that will get you noticed make sure to register your details with Nurse Jobs Ireland and we will send you our CV Essential Tips for Nurses.